We are seeking a full-time Architecture Associate to join our growing design team! You will assist the Lead Architect and Senior Designer on remodel/additions, and new construction projects by developing designs and drawings. We are looking for someone who is fun, energetic and can keep up with the creativity of our Melton Design Build team! If you think you’ve got what it takes, please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio to: email@example.com. Compensation is based on skills/experience and includes a benefits package.
Job responsibilities include:
- Develops schematic design, design development, and construction documents in both Revit and AutoCAD.
- Communicates with city and county regarding energy requirements and specialty projects.
- Communicates with structural engineer regarding structural needs and drawings.
- Documents project information using Floor Area Ratio checklist, Green Point worksheet, and assessor information.
- Creates sales portfolios for each project.
- Creates 3D renderings in Revit to help client’s visualize their new space.
- Conducts independent site measures and creates as-built drawings.
- Attends client meetings with ability to contribute to design discussions.
- Develops and maintains drawing detail library.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor degree in Architecture.
- Certified Professional and/or highly proficient with Revit Architecture and AutoCAD Architecture.
- Proficiency with SketchUp, Illustrator, In-Design, 3D Studio and Photoshop is a plus.
- Knowledge and design experience with residential remodels and/or new homes.
- We would prefer someone with experience working as a carpenter or in a construction trade.
- Currently completing the Internship Development Program with NCARB a plus.